There's been so much going on behind-the-scenes over here that I missed the beginning of the Third Quarter! But goal setting is super important to me; I couldn't let this post pass by. I also have some exciting news about this week at the bottom of the post!
Before I jump in, I wanted to take a moment to celebrate my Second Wedding Anniversary with husband. We have been so, so busy since moving to California last October that we haven't been able to celebrate much together. When you are both in a place of building your careers, it can be hard to be there for each other all the time. Combined with constant travel (business and otherwise), we are both ready to slow things down and focus on building our lives together in our new home. That's why one of my goals is to spend more time together (instead of giving in to my nocturnal habits...).
So today, in the midst of a huge week for my business, we are taking time to try the Alfresco Tasting Terrace at Disney California Adventure. It's one place neither of us have been, and I can't wait to experience it together. You can read more about our very Disney wedding anniversary last year here. Happy Anniversary to my adventure partner, I can't wait to see what the future holds!
2nd Quarter Goals:
Add 10 new products to my Etsy shop every monthThis goal was wildly off-base. I never want to be known for throwing out content just to put out content. Quality over quantity will always be an important value of mine. However, with the time I've taken to develop the latest collection, I anticipate future collections moving through production more quickly! I'm really excited to get more designs up in the Etsy shop, but I'm changing this goal to be more realistic with my other priorities.
- Be intentional with social media & promotions Yes! I've spent a lot of time the last few months developing my voice and style on Instagram and Twitter. You can also find me on Facebook interacting in several Groups, and on Pinterest contributing to a few group boards. These are secondary outlets right now; I really love the connections I'm making on Instagram and Twitter!
- Watch one CreativeLive course or other webinar a month I still love doing this, it reminds me to stay a part of a community for support. I've been spending more time on Periscope (@elainalynn) watching live streams from some of my favorite ladypreneurs.
- Visit Disneyland every week Close! I held myself to a standard of grace, not perfection on this one last quarter with the high volume of travel and out-of-town visitors we hosted! I'm excited that this quarter will be a little quieter in terms of travel, and find myself craving a trip to the parks once a week again.
- Create engaging content for my blog every week Yes! Things were a bit lighter in the end of May/June time period than I would have liked, but I made the most of celebrating the Disneyland 24 Hour Party and enjoying our summer travel and guests. As I get more and more clear on how I can best serve you awesome Dreamers, I'm coming up with lots of exciting ideas for new content!
3rd Quarter Goals
- Create one complete collection every month
- Be intentional with social media & promotions
- Participate in online communities like CreativeLive, Periscope or other webinars
- Visit Disneyland every week
- Create engaging content for my blog every week
- Adjust schedule to coordinate with my co-worker (aka husband!)
What you can expect in Quarter 3 from Elaina Lynn Design:
- More Disney-inspired mood boards My obsession with Disney theming is deep. I love finding these details throughout the parks and tying them together with a compatible color scheme. I use these boards when developing a new collection. I hope you have been getting inspired as well!
- More free downloads available to Adventure Club members In case you missed it, the August newsletter just went out with the Disney Day Planner, plus a special version to keep track of FastPass+ reservations at Walt Disney World! I have lots more exciting ideas for free content coming soon that you won't want to miss. Newsletters go out once a month with links to free downloads, coupon codes for the Etsy store and exclusive sneak peeks of new designs! Click here to join the adventure.
- Themed Printable Party Kits Complete with invitations, thank you notes, and easy ways to tie in the theme throughout the party. I'll be sharing some tutorials here on the blog on how to use the collections to decorate any type of party.
In fact, I am excited to announce today the official launch date of the first collection, inspired by The Little Mermaid! Check back this Thursday, August 6th, for the first printable party kit debut! There may be some exclusive content going out... so make sure to join the celebration!