One of my favorite ways to get to know other Disney bloggers is to read about their Disneyside. Disneyside is a term coined by Disney about how people express their love of all things Disney. Inspired by PDX Prepster, Disney by Design and Kalia in Wonderland, and to celebrate Disneyland's 60th Anniversary, I'm excited to share with you my Disneyside!
1. Favorite character is Winnie the Pooh because he always sees the best in people and stands by his friends through thick and thin.
2. Favorite movie is hands down Beauty and the Beast. Whenever I need a pick me up, this movie instantly sucks me away to a land of fantasy and possibility. I knew my husband was the one when he put this movie on to cheer me up on a bad day.
3. Dream job would be a Plaid (aka Guest Services). I love helping people have a magical experience, and I think giving the tours would be pretty rad too. Second choice would be hanging out with the animals in Big Thunder Ranch.
4. Favorite Disney food is the Mickey Beignets. Fluffly clouds of dough. In Mickey shape. Mmmmmmmm...
5. Favorite Disneyland memory is seeing the Main Street Electrical Parade with my grandparents & parents. Despite not seeing it in years, my eyes well up everytime I hear the opening tune. I was pretty much bawling when I saw Paint the Night for the first time and heard those all too familiar chords.
6. Favorite childhood memory about Disney movies was dressing in drag and doing the hula with my brother. For. Hours. We rewound that part on our Lion King VHS so much that is started to show static, not that we cared. We did the same thing to the forest scene in Robin Hood when they are break out dancing and playing music (bonus points if you remember this scene).
7. Favorite Disney park is Disneyland. The first park I visited when I was one years old and the same park I've returned to year after year. It will always have a special place in my heart because it is filled with memories of my grandparents who made it possible for me to visit the park almost once a year growing up. I still remember arriving in the motorhome before opening and being some of the last guests in the park at the end of the day.
8. Favorite Disney songs are Almost There for when I need an entrepreneurial kick in the butt and Just Around the Riverbend for when I feel an adventure coming on.
9. Disney character you are most like would probably be Belle. I love how she could get lost in a world of fantasy and didn't care what everyone thought of her. She stood up for what she felt was right and did the right thing, even when it was the hardest thing possible. I strive to do the same.
10. Favorite Disney quote "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney
I'd love to hear it... what's your Disneyside? Share in the comments below!
- Favorite Character
- Favorite Movie
- Dream Job
- Favorite Disney food
- Favorite Disneyland memory
- Favorite childhood memory about Disney
- Favorite Disney park
- Favorite Disney song(s)
- Disney character you are most like
- Favorite Disney quote
This post is a part of the Disney Throwback Thursday Blog Hop hosted by disneyisyourday.com!